Saturday, February 23, 2013

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and Blueberry Sauce

 I absolutely LOVE pancakes, and these pancakes are definitely some of the best I have ever had! Whoever started putting ricotta in pancakes was a genius, because it makes the pancakes even fluffier and the texture is more delicious! They are also so thick and I have found that they are easier to flip. The lemon flavor could not be more fun, especially in combination with the blueberry sauce!
I first discovered this recipe from the Two Peas and Their Pod food blog, and you can access the official recipe there! The only changes that I made was to use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour in the pancakes and I did not include lemon zest. When making the sauce, I actually just put frozen blueberries and applesauce on the stovetop and stirred occasionally until it was all heated through! You could add sugar if you like, although I found that our sauce was perfectly sweet!

I hope you enjoy these for breakfast or any time of day! Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. These pancakes are the best! I love when you make them!

    ReplyDelete