Monday, August 3, 2015

Barcelona (Part 1)

Hello! I was thrilled to be back in Barcelona! Out of all of my previous travel, Barcelona was my absolute favorite city in the world, and I am happy to report that after our trip this summer, my opinion is the same! I LOVE Barcelona! Hopefully you will feel that way after checking out some of these pictures :)

We got excited to see the Mediterranean Sea from our bus to Barcelona!

We were very hungry, so we stopped at the Boqueria, which is the huge market with tons of fresh foods, juices, and restaurant booths! We stopped at a yummy vegetarian stand called Organic where they had delicious wraps and paella, which is a famous yellow rice dish! It was so yummy!


La Boqueria is off of Las Ramblas, a very popular walkway with tons of shops, restaurants, some trees, street performers and more! I can't imagine wearing so much body paint each day like these street performers do!


One of the first activities we did was to get a great view of Barcelona by going to the top of the tower of Christopher Columbus. While I personally think he gets way too much credit in history, he did bring a lot of wealth back to Spain.



 We were really high up… look how little the people are!

There were gorgeous views of the city!

Here is a view of the Ramblas!






I did love how the statue looked against the sunset!



One of our absolute favorite moments of the trip was spending time on the Barcelona beach! It was just one of those perfect moments that just feel amazing and time stops. Although I had been to this beach before, it felt like a brand new experience that Jake and I shared! The sun had just set and the lights along the beach were coming on along the coastline. We took our shoes off and had a blast walking in the sand and standing in the waves of the Mediterranean Sea. After walking in the waves, we sat down on the beach for a while and ate some grocery store snacks we purchased. It was a perfect night! I love Barcelona! :)




That's all for now! I'll cover days 2 and 3 in Barcelona in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment