Thursday, June 13, 2013

New Destinations and Beginnings

Hello all!  It has been over a week since I last posted and I have been very busy! I spent the past few days in Arizona with my family and visited my grandparents. It was a wonderful vacation! Then, I flew directly to San Francisco, where I am beginning an internship! Although I don't go into the office until tomorrow, from the moment I arrived around 8pm the night has been a whirlwind!

Tonight it was one of the other interns birthdays, so we had a home-cooked meal altogether, with Judi, the founder of the organization I'm working for, Ashley, the other intern, and John, the organization's graphic designer that lives with Judi. We had one of the healthiest meals I have eaten all year haha. It consisted of lentils and quinoa cooked with olive oil, salt, and pepper, some roasted asparagus topped with some fresh grated parmesan cheese, and some avocado. For dessert, there was a special treat of gluten free chocolate tarts and a vanilla cake, topped with strawberries! They were some of the best treats I have ever had!!

Then, we headed off to Bed, Bath, and Beyond, armed with notebooks and pens, and in just a half hour, we divided and conquered almost the whole store for an upcoming project, since Bed, Bath, and Beyond will now feature a "green" school shopping list, for incoming college freshmen, in addition to their other list. Then we stopped by the office, and they showed me where we will be working! It looks so cool! I will take pictures tomorrow! We finished all of the days activities around 11pm, and then I started unpacking and getting settled!

My head is currently spinning, which is really saying something, since I am usually very busy! However, I am excited to really dive into work! I think I am going to really grow this summer! I will be doing all of my own cooking, which is exciting, but I also will probably learn a lot about food, especially with the lifestyles of the others. Ashley is vegan, gluten free, and prefers to eat raw foods, and Judi is almost vegan (she likes cheese), gluten free and sugar free as well. Looks like no one will be touching my morning yogurt! :) We also go shopping at Whole Foods every day! Also, I am currently staying at Judi's house, but I will be living with another lady in a couple weeks, and will be borrowing one of Judi's bikes to ride to work. My bike riding abilities are currently a little rusty (or very rusty haha), so this will be a good challenge (and a workout, it's 7 miles each way!) for me!

Here are a couple pictures of my room, for the next few weeks anyway! I feel like I am living in a Pottery Barn catalog haha! Also, my window has one of the best views I could possibly imagine, so I will definitely share a photo from during the day! I included a nighttime view, and you can see the lights from all the homes on the hill, overlooking a valley!



I will hopefully be going to bed soon, but I hope you all have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment