Friday, May 17, 2013

The Road to Hiroshima (Day 1, Part 1!)

Greetings from Hiroshima! Today was such an eventful and wonderful day that I can only highlight a portion of the day! I am fully back in swing of taking too many pictures, since I took 373! I guess I had a little jetlag, since I woke up around 4:45 am ready to go for the day! Since I had gone to bed around 9:30pm the night before, I felt great! My roommate, Tara, was in the same boat, so we had an awesome chat between 5 and 6am! And then I felt even greater after I ate one of these chocolate filled pastries! 
 Most of these pictures come from the drive to the Haneda Airport. We drove through Tokyo and here are many of the pictures I took!

 I love these apartment buildings!


 Golf is super popular in Japan, so we saw many driving ranges like this one!

 Towards the end of the trip, I will be going to the very top of that tower!!


 Check out the signs on the road! So glad I am not driving since I don't know what that means!

 We passed a very beautiful ferris wheel!



After this drive, we were inside the Haneda airport for our flight to Hiroshima.
 They have massage chairs at every gate! Our program coordinator took advantage of it!

These are from some interesting commercials we saw!
 The guy is dressed up like a termite and eating a donut! And the girls are wearing clothing costumes!

When we were in the air we got a great view of Tokyo! I am still so stunned that 12 million people live in one city!

 While we were flying, we came across a beautiful surprise! Mount Fuji!




Also, the flight attendants were super cute and sweet the whole time! Actually, everyone we interacted with were awesome people!

I am definitely ready for bed, so I will have to continue the rest later! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment