Friday, January 20, 2012

Never Too Late


For this week's edition of Quote Friday, I decided to include one of my favorite quotes of all time by George Eliot, which is actually the pen name for Mary Anne Evans, who lived from November 1819 to December 1880 and used a male pen name to be taken seriously.

Personally, this quote means a lot to me since some of my favorite things to do, I started later in my life.  For example, I love dancing, but with the exception of a few classes when I was much younger, I didn't really get into it until the end of high school.  For a while, I was just having fun doing whatever moves I felt like in my basement.  However, I soon grew to love dancing even more, and loved watching people dance and trying out various moves as I danced to my favorite songs.

While I am very busy with many other things, I still try to dance as often as possible, as well as develop my other passions.  I realize I am never going to be the best dancer or make dance my life's focus, but I still seek enjoyment out of it, and to me, that is what matters.  In our society today, it seems to me that too often our passions get pushed aside by life's everyday tasks and realities, and we find ourselves on a another track that occupies our time.

Regardless of where you find yourself in life right now, I urge you to follow your dreams, even if they have been dormant for quite some time, or brushed off as "just a dream".  It doesn't have to be that way. Go for it, even if you can only make one small step towards your passion, I am sure you will not regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment