Friday, January 27, 2012

Loving Yourself


Today I want to talk about a topic that I am super passionate about, but also something that I think many individuals, especially women, struggle with.  And that is the ability to love oneself! 

To me, "loving yourself" consists of embracing "you" as a whole, as a human being who deserves to be loved and celebrated.  It involves believing in yourself, and accepting your strengths, weaknesses, and quirks, to the point that you don't try to change for anyone.  What do you think about this definition?  I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments! 

I would argue that the ability to love oneself is an extremely important and healthy skill, yet so many people, including myself in the past, are unable to accept themselves or consistently find fault with who they are.  What is it with our society today that seems to highlight our "flaws"?  Are we trained to find the negative?  And how can we break through whatever is preventing us from seeing our true beauty and worth?  I wish there was an easy, straightforward answer to these questions that could enable us to let  go of these worries, and feel good about the people we are.

So for now, all I can do is tell you that YOU deserve the world, you deserve to find happiness in whatever you do, with whomever!  You are intelligent, talented, and mean so much more to others than you even realize.  You deserve to trust yourself, nurture your passions and dreams, and stop negative self-talk. You deserve to have fun, and to see how beautifully AMAZING you are every. single. day.

Here is a final thought for all of you beautiful, wonderful people...

No comments:

Post a Comment