Friday, March 23, 2012

Stronger

Earlier this month, I had the privilege of attending Kelly Clarkson's Stronger Tour.  I have always been a huge American Idol fan, and have loved so much of Kelly's music!  However, it was seeing Kelly live that made me realize what an amazing person and role model she is!

The concert opened with her singing "Dark Side", an enchanting song from her newest album, while she was behind a screen that flashed many of the negative things that have been said about her in the past.  By the time the she reached the chorus, the screen opened and she emerged, strong and beautiful!  She has really endured so many negative comments and not let it get to her.  Still, she serves as such an inspiration, and so much of her music is empowering and just a lot of fun!

The whole show was fantastic, and I loved the overall atmosphere inside the stadium.  In many of the more well-known songs, you could look around and nearly everyone was singing along, belting out the lyrics to Since You Been Gone and Stronger!  One surprise I was not expecting that really stole the show for me was her performance of my all time favorite song by her, Maybe, from her My December album.  I absolutely love the lyrics and melodies, and sometimes when I'm feeling lonely or being a little too reflective about love in general, I channel these emotions within this song.  If you haven't heard it before, here is a video from the concert!  I urge you to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment