Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Truth Behind What We See in the Media

I am sure we are all familiar with what society deems as the "ideal" body type. Whether we are watching TV, walking by magazine covers, or looking at images online, we are bombarded with images of thin, yet curvy women, and sometimes this makes us feel inferior. 

I recently watched this video, and I found it to be very helpful, especially if I am not feeling as confident about my appearance.  These perceptions of beauty are so engrained in our heads, sometimes we forget or don't realize that they are not necessarily real.

Next time you begin to subconsciously compare yourself with some of the women you see in the media, please know that everything you see is not reality.  And you don't need someone to spend hours a day on your hair and make-up to look beautiful, you already are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment