Monday, May 28, 2012

Mi Señora!

Saturday was such a crazy, wonderful day!!  I probably should have felt more tired than I did, but I had so much energy from the day's activities!  I slept in and had breakfast at the bakery next to the hostel.  My friend Kelley and I ate together, and then bought this delicious pastry that was filled with chocolate!  My señora arrived at noon, and then we went to her apartment!  After she picked me up, my señora showed me around Granada, which is filled with all of these wonderful surprises!  She showed me the movie theater, the nearby river, many fountains, many cute shops, tapas restaurantes, bakeries, ice cream places, tennis courts, this amazing market with lots of clothing, shoes, and food that is very cheap!  Then, we ate a delicious lunch with salad drizzled with olive oil and lemon, a pasta salad with fish, fresh bread from the bakery, and a big bowl of watermelon for dessert! Then, she took a siesta while I unpacked and got settled in.  When she woke up, she made me a smoothie with bananas, milk, and cinnamon!  In the late afternoon, we went on another walk, but this time with many girls in the program and their señoras as well, and we walked around the city and later got tapas from 9-11pm.  We were returned home, I thought the evening would be over, but she asked me if I was ready for dinner! We had some vegetables drizzled with olive oil, followed by strawberries and yogurt for dessert!

At first, I was very quiet, since everything was very rapid and there was a lot going on, but my señora is a wonderful person and I feel very comfortable here!  She is so sweet, very accommodating, helpful, and very warm!  While hugs are not usually the Spanish custom, both of us love hugs!  Also, she is very healthy and we have had so much delicious food (as seen from the previous paragraph!)  It is also truly amazing how in just one day, I already felt like my Spanish improved so much, since I didn't have the option of speaking English, since my señora only speaks Spanish.  I also find it funny that as I am typing this, there have been at least 30 words that I have written in Spanish first, and then realized I had to correct!

I am a little behind, so expect another post later today! :)  And there will definitely be more updates coming from my wonderful señora!

No comments:

Post a Comment