Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day


Personally, I believe that there are many holidays with principles that really should be celebrated every day, not just one day each year.  How wonderful would it be if everyone was more thankful every day, and not just on Thanksgiving?  Or if everyone told each other that they love each other every day?  Sure, it doesn't make sense to prepare a large feast or have romantic candlelight dinners every day, but aren't these holidays more about the emotions behind the grandiose actions in themselves?

Anyway, I feel that Mother's Day should really happen every day.  Think for a moment about how many times a mother or a close, motherly figure in your life has helped you, guided you, made you laugh, cared for you, and loved you.  Think about the times you felt overwhelmed, lonely, nervous, or sad, and just wanted some reassurance.  Think about all of the sacrifices your mom or motherly figure has made for you to help you achieve your goals as you venture through life.

This world is full of amazing people, and I feel so lucky to know one of them!  My mother is such an amazing woman, and someone I look up to every single day.  She always knows how to cheer me up and reassure me if I am nervous.  Even if she is frustrated with me or we disagree about something, her support is still unwavering.  Every time something exciting happens, I can't wait to tell her about it.  I love listening to stories about her life, and am amazed by her strength and commitment to my sister and I.  I feel so privileged to be so close to her, and I look forward to every single day I get to talk to her, see her, and hug her.  She means the world to me. I love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment