Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Traveling!!


Today my adventure to Granada, Spain begins!  It is amazing that with today’s technology it only takes eight hours to cross an ocean and entire an entirely new continent!  Thus far, I am about halfway into my eight hour flight, and have already had a great time!  Our tickets were randomly assigned, but I was lucky enough to sit next to two very cool people, Ellie and Kelly!  We have a lot in common and have been chatting about a lot of random things!  It is also really exciting that Kelly lives on the same street as me, Calle Fontiveros!

It has been quite fun meeting everyone.  We are essentially a huge group of girls and two guys!  Many people are starting to fall asleep, but unfortunately my energy levels are going strong, even though it is technically almost four in the morning in Spain!  The airplane has definitely been our first taste of speaking Spanish, since the flight attendants are all speaking fluent Spanish.  The reality is definitely setting in!  I am feeling a lot more calm though, especially now that our group is all together!  This will be such an exciting adventure!

The plane is so big!!  Definitely the largest plane I have ever traveled on!




Airplane food… woot woot!  I am already feeling a little touristy taking these random pictures!

later….
We just landed in Madrid!  I didn’t really sleep, but the ride was very smooth!  They gave us breakfast (including a KitKat bar… now that’s how you start a day!) and there was a beautiful sunrise!  As we got closer to Madrid, some of us were frantically (and a bit comically) looking over vocabulary words, almost in an attempt to “cram” for Spain!  Ahhhh!




The Madrid Airport was so beautiful!!  One of the coolest, most high-tech airports I have ever been in!

We had a three-hour layover in Madrid, so it was cool to walk around and bond with other students!

On the short flight from Madrid to Granada, I got a window seat!  So, the entire flight I had my face nearly pressed up against the window as we flew over Spain.  It really is such a gorgeous country!



This photo is from the very beginning of the flight shortly after we left Madrid.


Here we are about to touch down in Granada!!

More updates to come!  Hope you are having a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment