Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mis Clases!

While many of the posts about Granada so far have been about traveling and fun adventures, I am taking classes this summer as well!  During the summer I am enrolled in 7 credit hours, which turns out to be about 20 hours of class a week for 6 weeks!  I am taking Spanish Composition, Introduction to Spanish Literary Analysis, and Spanish Art History (which is just a 1-credit hour class that meets for 4 hours a week for the first four weeks).  I have Spanish Composition every day from 9 to 11 AM, and Literary Analysis from 4:30 to 6:30 PM.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I also have my Art History class from 11 to 1, and it is really fun since we have the opportunity to visit beautiful historical sites for free! I love how small the program is, because since there are only about fifty students in the program, our classes our very small! My composition class has only five people, and there are nine of us in my literary analysis class!

These are pictures of the main courtyard area of my school, CEGRI!  This is a really peaceful area we hang out between classes and it is very relaxing if we want to study. Sometimes pigeons even join us!
Kelley and I are happy with our "bread lady" purchase!!  A great way to start the morning!
Que triste! Un corazón roto!
We did some exploring in the city, and once again we visited the tea market with all of the dried fruits and nuts.  I bought dried pineapple, strawberries, mango, papaya, cherries, apple, and a tiny piece of aloe vera.  I definitely did not know you could eat it!  (I haven't tried it yet though!)

This was one of the places we visited on the first day of my Spanish Art History class! It was really fun, and we got to walk around and visit four different sites in Granada! A lot of the architecture should look similar to many of the other pictures I have taken due to their Arab influence on Granada.




And churros con chocolate at Cafe Fútbol! They were so good!!

I suppose this update was not the most exciting, but there should be some fun posts from this weekend!  And, at CEGRI, we only have class Monday through Thursday, so I am officially in weekend mode!

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment