Saturday, June 2, 2012

Una Noche de Flamenco y Este Fin de Semana

So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed my 3 day weekend!  I forgot how beautiful they are, since it feels like today is Sunday even though it is Saturday!

On Thursday, our school planned a flamenco show for us!  It was a very cool experience, and I loved how fierce the dancer was!  Also, I did not realize that flamenco was as much a type of singing as it is a type of dance.  There was much more singing than dancing at the show!
 I just thought these were the coolest lights ever, especially with the guitars in them!
 Each plate on the wall has a different nickname of a flamenco dancer or singer!
 So fierce! She was amazing!

On the way into the show, we passed the Alhambra Palace just as it was starting to get dark. So beautiful!! 

When we were leaving the show, we walked by the Alhambra Palace again, which was glowing and looked absolutely gorgeous!

This weekend has also been lovely! On Friday morning, I slept in a little bit, and went for a run with my friends Kelley and Elle!  There is this amazing trail along the river that has gorgeous views of the mountains!  We also stopped at this fun park for doing obstacles course activities and playing on the playground!  Yay!  It definitely got pretty hot in the afternoon, so after a pasta lunch, Kelley came over and we stayed inside to plan our weekend trips while we are in Granada.  Next weekend we will be going to Sevilla and Córdoba, and in three weekends we will be visiting Ronda, Spain!  My señora was adorable since she made us smoothies while we were working!  In the evening I worked on some homework and watched some tv and talked with my señora!

On Saturday, I got more than 8 hours of sleep for the first time in the past two weeks!  Then I went running with Kelley, and we later went to the market with Elle as well! (after stopping at a bakery!) I bought a swimsuit and a shirt! It was quite fun, and it was a great, practical opportunity to practice Spanish with lots of different people! I had the best lunch so far in Spain AND was lucky enough to watch my señora make it!  We had gazpacho and tortilla de patata con cebolla (essentially a Spanish omelette with eggs, onions, and potatoes!)  Everything was soooooooooo delicious!!  Afterwards, I felt so full that I could hardly move! I spent the afternoon working on homework while watching some cool nature documentaries in Spanish with my señora.  It was a lot of fun, except for the awkward moment when I had literally been sitting on the couch for two minutes and the documentary about animals of the Serengeti plain in Africa started discussing animal reproduction, and for the next five minutes we watched animals mating.  Awkward!  Later in the afternoon, one of my señora's friends came over, so we talked (as in they talked very fast and I listened) for about an hour and a half!  It is a chill night right now, but I may be hanging out a little bit with my friends Kelley, Elle, and Jennifer.  We will see!  Tomorrow I am going to the beach with Kelley's host parents!

I hope you are all having delightful weekends! :)


1 comment:

  1. It took me far too long to figure out how to comment. But I did. So i'm happy.

    The things I like about this post:

    1. How often I am mentioned
    2. Those delicious smoothies.

    ReplyDelete