Friday, June 22, 2012

This Week!

Hello! I know many of my past posts have all been travel logs, so this post is just a quick update about the past week!  While school has been super helpful and awesome, the workload is pretty intense! So many people talk about study abroad in the sense that the classes are easier or they are not taking that many, but that is not the same with summer programs!  I'm just taking 7 credit hours this summer, but I am in class for 20 hours each week, so that takes more time than expected.  Good preparation for my 21 credit hours in the fall! That being said, I love my classes! My composition class only has 5 students, and the teacher is amazing, so we are quite a close group and I am really learning a lot! I'm going to have so much vocabulary to practice when I come home in July! My art history class has been fun too! I couldn't take pictures this week at the museums, but we went to the Museo de Bellas Artes by the Alhambra Palace on Thursday and it was gorgeous! It is always very exciting to think about how many people have looked at the same 14th and 15th Century sculptures and paintings that you are looking at! Crazy!

In my literature class, we just finished poetry and are moving on to theater! Also, yesterday's class was really fun because since most of the class had a field trip for their Islam class, our teacher took the four of us around Granada to show us the Corral del Cárbon and got us ice cream! So that was a special treat!

For a funny story, last night I accidentally locked myself outside on the terrace/balcony of my señora's (Carmen) house.  I had been skyping a friend and was trying to describe how the plazas are set up and what the buildings look like, but then I thought, why don't I just show her!! So, I open up the door to the terrace and shut it without thinking.  Then, when I tried to open it, it wouldn't open. And then I realized that of course it would lock from the inside for security reasons. I had my computer, so I emailed two of my friends, asking them if they could possibly call Carmen, just to let her know I was out there so I didn't scare her.My friend Elle responded and called Carmen, who came home soon after, but she misunderstood Elle, so she thought I lost my keys and couldn't get in to the building. I had left the light on, something I would never do, so she was confused.  And she was still startled when she opened the door to the terrace and saw me out there.  But we definitely both laughed about it afterwards. Carmen just makes me really really happy, and it has made the overall study abroad experience that much better! I literally feel like I am related to her, and there are so many days that my smile muscles really hurt after hanging out with her, or talking to her during dinner! I am definitely very lucky!

That is my current update! I am off to Ronda, Spain for two days this weekend and am soooo excited!! Have a lovely weekend and I will talk to you later!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara- I'm guessing I could get in trouble with Kelley for this but here goes anyway...Im kelley's mom and I just wanted to say how happy I am that she found such a great travel partner.Reading all about what you girls manage to get yourselves into is amazing.Your pictures are wonderful.Nice to meet you,kind of. Kelley's mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kelley's mom! Thank you for your comment! I also feel incredibly lucky to have become such great friends with Kelley! She is such a wonderful person and always makes me very happy! It is also very lucky that we live practically next door! :)

    ReplyDelete