Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Córdoba: Part 2

If you have not yet read Part 1 of my time in Córdoba, you can read it here

After we were done with the Mezquita and grabbed some tortilla española, it was time to do more exploring!  First stop: the famous Puente Romano (Roman Bridge)!



 A nearby fountain that had to be included! This was near Miguelito's, which was a restaurant/tapas bar my señora recommended and it was delish! Kelley, Jennifer and I shared a salad, revueltos con papas y queso (scrambled eggs with potatoes and cheese), and croquetas (varies, but usually fried cheese with veggies or ham).  Yum! And, it was perfect because we left just as the sun was setting!  So, we took LOTS of photos by the Puente Romano again!!





 Elma, Elle, Daria, me, Kelley, and Jennifer!

The next day we woke up super early to attend a mass service at the Mezquita since it was free and would be a unique cultural opportunity since it is such an old building and with a rich history!  Once we left, we began walking around the city!

 Nom nom nom... breakfast!!

The next stop was the Córdoba Alcazar, with lots of gorgeous gardens and a beautiful palace!







There are many more pictures from Day 2 of Córdoba! Click "read more" to view them!


 No big deal, just reenacting an awkward statue!

 A hallway from the Alcazar

 In castles, this is looking out of one of the strategically small windows, which allowed the people inside to look outside at the rest of the palace without being attacked by enemies.
 These pictures are views from the top of the tower at the Alcazar.

 In Córdoba it is very common for there to be many potted plants hanging on the walls everywhere you go!


Mom, this is for you! I know you love these flowers!

 For a snack and kind of lunch, we stopped at this highly ranked Salón de Té, which was super cute!  We all drank smoothies and shared a dried fruit and pastry tray!



 LOVED this shirt!


 The Corredera Plaza

 These Roman ruins are from the 1st Century!!  Crazy stuff, 2,000 years old!

 What the building originally looked like! For a history major like myself, my mind is constantly blown by the rich legacy left in Spain by all the cultures that lived and ruled here prior to the modern concept of Spain, including the Romans and the Arabs!
 I loved how Córdoba had so many fountains and parks!
 My señora actually lived very close to this building when she grew up in Córdoba.
 Cue the jumping photos! 

We closed out our weekend by playing on the playground a little bit while we waited for our bus! Good times!

You made it to the end!  I apologize for such a ridiculously long post! I guess that is what happens when you take 1,084 pictures during 3 days!  School is crazy busy right now, but I can't wait to fill you in on my hiking trip, Science Park adventure, and fun updates with school and around the house with my señora! Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! And thanks for the shoutout! Your blog is fantastic, and we all know I'm your #1 fan . . . You rock and I love you! See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete