Friday, June 8, 2012

La Feria del Corpus Christi

Buenos dias! (Well, technically it is buenas noches now that I am finishing this post before I go to bed!) The past two days have been very fun and busy!!  This is partially because this week is La Feria del Corpus Christi holiday!  There were lots of events going on the whole week, including a fair in the evenings and festivals during the day! On Wednesday, I went to Taraca, which was a festival/parade that was a lot of fun.  I went with some of my friends after class and took some pictures!  I had a yummy lunch at home with my señora, and after my afternoon class, two of my friends and I had the best ice cream I have had thus far in Granada!  Also, I personally believe ice cream is highly necessary when temperatures reach over 100 degrees Fahrenheit!  We took some pictures of the river on our walk home!














Things have been very busy!!  On Thursday, I didn’t have school, so my señora, Kelley and I went to the procession/parade.  It was super crowded and a little toasty, but interesting. It was a little different than U.S. parades.  Afterwards, we met with two of my señora’s friends for tapas.  The rest of the afternoon I was packing and preparing for my weekend trip to Sevilla and Córdoba, my future Italy trip the last week of the program.  In the evening, I watched the news  (las noticias) with my señora until her son and his girlfriend came over for dinner.  When they found out I was visiting Córdoba, they got all excited and gave me about an hour’s worth of tips and showed me all of the places to go on my map!

Friday morning was a very early morning, as my friends and I got on a bus near our houses at 6:45am to go to the bus station.  At 8:00 am, we boarded our bus, which is super deluxe! To get the time we wanted, this bus is “supraeconomia”, as in we had to pay extra, but it was really fun to get a snack pack from the bus driver!  We also get radio and there is a movie playing!  The six of us are all on one side of the bus in single seats so we all got window seats!  Driving through Spain has been amazing and so beautiful!!  There are always mountains in the distance, and there is a variety of pink, white, and yellow flowered bushes in the median along the highway.

In other news, I just received an email about the Environmental Sustainability Living Learning Community I will be the RA of next year, and I am also very excited for that too, especially since now all of the Orientation activities have been planned!

This is all for now! I will be busy the next three days, but you can expect an epic post (hopefully!) on Sunday night! Hasta luego! 

No comments:

Post a Comment