Tuesday, June 5, 2012

La Catedral!

Hello!! The past two days have been pretty busy thus far! I have finished my first paper this summer and am currently working on my second one! My classes are all going very well and I definitely feel myself improving with my Spanish abilities. I think my comprehension has improved the most since I have been doing a lot of listening!  

Another cool thing I have noticed is that I feel more like a normal person in Spain, rather than a tourist. Now that I have spent a fair amount of time here, I am much more able to navigate the city without help from a map or other people! Spanish has also become more natural, even though I revert to English more than I would like.

Yesterday was a very relaxed day, as I finalized some travel plans for this weekend to Sevilla and Córdoba with five of my friends and then we walked around a bit and stopped at the Bread Lady! For lunch, my señora made a delicious stew/soup/something with lima beans and this epic sauce!!  In the evening after class, we went to the Mercadona (market) to purchase a few things, and stopped by her son's apartment to water plants, etc!  I love running errands with her!  Then, we returned for dinner!

This morning, I was delighted because my señora made me hot chocolate!  It was a fun surprise!  Classes went well, and for Art History, we visited La Catedral!  It was absolutely gorgeous and I took lots of pictures!  It was built starting in 1526... crazy stuff!!  Our teacher was giving us many more interesting tidbits, but let's be real, it was sooooo beautiful that it was a little difficult to focus!

 I love these panoramic shots!

 In this photo, you can see part of the light blue dome!






 There were dozens of stained glass windows, but this was my favorite since it looks like the sun!




Everything is so ornate!!
 This is my favorite ceiling pattern!


 This horse was so gold, I think my camera couldn't even handle it without the flash!
I don't know how this happened, but I love it!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment