Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sevilla Part 2: El Alcazar

Hello!  This is the second part of my Sevilla posts, and if you haven't had a chance to read the first one, click here: Sevilla: Part 1

Anyways, our next stop was El Alcazar in Sevilla, which was absolutely gorgeous and a lot of fun!

This image is actually unrelated to the Alcazar, but it was in a souvenir shop very close by and I thought these aprons were adorable! 
 The entrance of the Alcazar

 The view after we walked through the main door
 Since I am an RA, this must be my palace? Just kidding, R. A. actually stands for Real Alcazar.

 Fans, or los abanicos, are very popular in Spain.  Not only do people use them to cool off, but in the past they were used by women to communicate secretly.  We practiced this language in my literature class the other day!  Very fun!


Again, just Kelley, Elle, and I being goofy!

 Now we moved out of the palace and into the gardens!

 Love this epic tree!

Click "Read More" to see the rest of the photos and other things we did in Sevilla!



 I thought it was kind of appropriate to have peacocks at the palace since it looks like they are wearing a crown.

 More pictures inside a different part of the palace



 There was a beautiful walkway that was completely covered by trees on one side of the palace!  We loved it!

After we viewed the Alcazar, we headed back to the hostel for their free walking tour of the city, which was awesome!  We were able to see sights such as the Catedral (from the outside), the Jewish quarter, a few official buildings including the Town Hall, and even an adorable cat!




Lastly, that night we ate paella, a delicious and traditional rice dish and went exploring! I don't remember what it was called, but its nickname was "The Mushrooms".  It was definitely an architectural wonder!  So beautiful, especially at night!



Congrats for making it through all of those pictures!! That is day 1 of 3 of my weekend!  You can expect Day 2 to be posted tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. My shoe fell off when I climbed up on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos, Sarah! So glad Papa Bill directed us to this! I was wondering about the shoe, too. :)

    ReplyDelete