Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

I'm going to take a quick break from my Granada posts to share some love for Father's Day! As I said earlier in my Mother's Day post, I really think holidays like this should be celebrated every single day, and not just a time when people feel obligated to get a gift or send a card. Nevertheless, I subscribe to the MissRepresentation2 youtube channel, and today they uploaded this wonderful video! It is just a 2 minute video, so please watch it! :)  I have honestly already watched this 6 times today, and basically teared up every single time!  If you like it, I also urge you to share it with your father, father figure, or anyone who you love and are close to.
Dad, I want to use this as an opportunity to truly thank you for everything you have done for me so far in my life and for how hard you work! You have taught me so much and I know you are always there for me.  So much of what you have taught me has really shaped who I am today! You may be outnumbered by us four girls (including Katie!), but you have always been so committed to us.  I love how you and mom are such an awesome team, how you are such a good sport, how you can be a rascal, how you end Skype conversations with a peace sign, and how you always remind me to remember the "big 3"!  I always love it when you jokingly repeat some of the funny phrases I use often in a high-pitched voice, like "friends" and "this is the best day ever"!   While we may not always agree with everything, I have so much respect for you and think you are awesome.  Thank you for everything!  I'm not sure I say this enough, but Dad, I love you so much and am so appreciative to have you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment