Tuesday, July 3, 2012

University of Granada and Orchestra Concert!

Hello! I was amazed that this past weekend was my final weekend in Granada already. I guess I will kind of address the past 4-5 days, since the days were sort of similar.  Also, I want to thank so many of you for your wonderful support following Katie's death (if you want to read the post click here.) The skyping, emailing, blog comments, and the hugs were very much appreciated! I am very lucky to know you guys and have such supportive, wonderful people in my life!  I am doing a little better with the situation, although it still makes me sad when I think about Katie, so I try not to dwell on it too much. Anyway, this post should be more uplifting and positive, so here we go!

This past Thursday, I had regular class as usual, but I visited the University of Granada with Kelley and Jennifer! It was a little bit of a hike, but it was a lot of fun! We definitely did not see all of the buildings,  but the ones we did see were very pretty.



On Thursday night, my señora Carmen and I were both very excited because I had bought us tickets to see the Granada City Orchestra!  Both of us, but especially Carmen, love classical music, so it was very fun to take part in the Granada Festival that occurs every summer. It was in the Palacio de Carlos V, and was by the Alhambra Palace. It was a marvelous place for a concert, and the two of us had a blast! Also, I love how when I told Carmen that the tickets said cameras weren't allowed, she showed me a secret pocket in her purse to put it in!
 Prior to the concert, I took lots of pictures!
 It's kind of hard to see the moon, but it was beautiful!


Carmen and I! She is so beautiful!
 This picture is from inside the palace! It was such a gorgeous place for the concert. Also, fun fact. After the first piece, all of a sudden lots of people started standing up and going on a hunt for empty seats that are farther in front, which is apparently common practice in Spain! We ended up moving up two seats!  The concert was absolutely wonderful!

 After the concert ended (around midnight), we looked out at the landscape and the Alhambra, which was glowing with the lights... so beautiful! We took a minibus back to the main part of Granada, and passed by Carmen's favorite ice cream place! She said (in Spanish of course): "we should get ice cream, shouldn't we?" and of course I would never disagree! We got home about 1:30am, and went to bed! It was an outstanding day! Also, Carmen kept saying it was the best gift ever, which was very sweet of her!

In other (completely unrelated) news, here is a video from the Plaza del Toros in Ronda.  It is incredibly short and the actresses are my two favorite students in Granada with me, Kelley and Elle! If this clip is any indication of our maturity level, etc, we are going to have a BLAST on the 10 day adventure!! (Also, I realize I keep referring to the 10 day adventure or 5 city tour but haven't explained it. So, when our program ends in 2 days (ahhhhhhh!) we will be traveling for 10 days in Barcelona, Venice, Florence, Rome, and Madrid, in that order, with two days in each place! I think it will be gloriously exhausting and possibly the best 10 days of my life!)  Anyway, thank you for being wonderful!! Besos y abrazos!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! That awkward moment when you can't find the moon to save your life in the picture below the caption but when you scroll to the picture above the caption you see the moon . . . Haha. Loved the video! Now go to sleep!

    ReplyDelete